Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Busy bees

Well a lot has been going on in the past week. Nothing to unusual, just seems like we have been very busy. Kirby and I have been meeting Jessie and Andrew at the airport mall to walk instead of Lake Lynn because it has been so hot. We decided it can't possibly be good for two pregnant women and their small children to be in so much heat. We had many visitors over the weekend so I spent time preparing for them (Stan's parents, his sister Paige and her two children Karrisa and Brandon came on Thursday and my parents came for the afternoon on Saturday). All of our company kept us busy but we had nice visits with everyone. Unfortunately Stan's mom wasn't feeling very well so I don't think she had too much fun. I think she hated being here but not being able to hold and love on Kirby very much.

Kirby did some serious showing off of his walking skills while they were all here. He's getting better each day. Today I took some video and planned on posting it but blogger was not cooperating so you all will just have to wait until the next time you see him. He's begining to become quite impressive, of course Stan says most of the time it looks like he is doing a drunk stagger. Is that good to say about your 15 month old child? Oh well.

Bennet is doing very well. Other than making his mommy very tired as he drains my energy to grow, he's moving and all those other things that little unborn children do. I'm feeling very pregnant in all this heat. We have spent most of our time inside the past few weeks. I think I need to get a ticker that will count the days until winter--I can't wait. I usually enjoy Fall as well but last year it was still too warm for me.

OK let me go, these tired feet need to be put up while I read my new mystery novel.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

WOOHOO! I can't wait to see Kirby staggering around! I bet he is adorable.

Gosh, I'm impressed with you. How do you get motivated to walk?

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD that ya'll are walking inside the mall! I was pure worried about the heat getting to ya'll.

Jenn Mason

Lora said...

You can email me the video and your blogger info and I will upload it for you. The trick is, after you get the code from dropshots, photobucket or whatever, you have to go to the HTML Tab and paste it in. The HTML tab is at the top right when you are typing your regular post. I want to see Kirby walking!!!

I can't wait for the beach trip so I have lots of time to see him in person (and love on Bennett via a belly-rubbin'!).

Also, I'm seriously impressed with the walking. I'm not pregnant and I can't make myself do this. Go Rachel!

Lora said...

I don't think sound makes a difference. Go to www.dropshots.com and set up an acct. Then upload your movie from your camera. After the movie is on there, there's a small link on the right that says "blog". Click on that to get the code (use the first one they give you). Then copy and paste it into your blog under the HTML tag when you're posting. Viola!

Please feel free to email me and I'll be happy to do it for you. Yay for Kirby videos!