Thursday, August 17, 2006

15 months old!

Time flies. It really does. My little baby is growing up. This morning we went for Kirby's check up. She said he was looking great. He is developing great with his walking, speach and such. He also had three shots in the arm (DTP, Hib, Polio, and Pneumococcal conjugate--two were combined into one) and I was thrilled to find out these were the last vaccinations he would recieve until he starts kindergarden. So now I have a completed chart to send off for our medical clearance to go over seas. Of course there may be a few more that he will need before we leave-but that will be awhile. Also, it was highly recommended that he get a flu shot because of the baby. It's ok though, he seems only slightly bothered by shots. The bad part is I will be 8 months pregnant when I take him for his next check up. That will be FUN!

His current stats are:
weight: 22 lbs. 11 oz. (30%)
height: 31 3/4 inches (70%)
head: 17 3/4 inches (5%)

Don't worry about my sons tiny head, it's always been small. He gets that from his daddy. Stan is quite intelligent so I'm not worried about it. Also I was worried about his weight but she says he looks very normal and would be more worried if he was too much heavier. He is growing in each area and that is all that matters. :) Anyway, she was very pleased with his health.

7 comments:

Lora said...

Yay for a good checkup! Wow, Kirby is really growing. Its sad how fast they grow. Soon, when you have Bennett, Kirby will look huge next to him. It makes me kinda want another...well, almost :)

Leslie said...

*Sniff*. Our boys are really growing fast, aren't they. They aren't even babies, anymore! *Sniff, sniff*.

I loved all your new polls! I voted in every single one of them. Are you going to attempt a VBAC? And I chose "Elijah" as Bennett's middle name. He can be "BEP" and Kirby can be "KIP." Bep and Kip. But if you choose Osbourne, then he can be BOP. Hmmm....

Jessie said...

Kirby really is growing up on us. I love that his head is small. I'm telling you it is better than a big head.
I am completely jealous of your crocs. I saw a pair today I wanted and I think I will go back and get them. They are this cool brown, hopefully very versatil.
Don't knock those ankles. God thought those would be perfect for you.

M said...

You have moved over to the dark side with the crocs! Wade did too. I can't stand them (but secretly where them while walking the dogs-shhh-now I want some but will never cave into Wade's pressure).

Glad Kirby is doing well! I would give anything to be in the 5% for weight! I hope that West takes the shots so well. See you soon!!!!!

Lew said...

I finally got a blogspot. It's http://www.lewdawgsboys.blogspot.com
Now we can keep in better touch! Thanks for convincing me to do it. I love reading your updates!
Love, Leslie

Amy said...

Kirby is almost exactly the same size Brendon was at that age. He is just probably going to be tall and thin.

The beach trip is approaching quickly. I am soooo excited.

Lora said...

As much as I love feet pictures, i'd like to request new belly pics! We need to see Bennett in action!