Thursday, July 13, 2006

Poor baby

My poor baby is not feeling good at all. This of course is most likely due to the fact that his bottom two molars are swollen and looking to emerge at any time. Poor thing has had a fever of 101.5 to 101.9, a very runny nose, uncontrollable drool and a gerneral feeling of lousyness (I know that isn't a real word). Last night he slept much better than the night before so most of today he was ok, but by bedtime he had had enough and was ready to go down. I've heard him cough a few times since he went down. I'm just praying for his stuffiness to NOT turn into the croup. It seems every time he gets a head cold it turns into a croupy cough in his throat and then moves to a deeper cough that lasts several weeks. At least this is a minor illness compared to what it could be.

Pragnancy wise I'm doing pretty well. I'm still so very tired all day, everyday. I'm still walking and keeping the weight in check. I haven't felt much fetal movement which is what makes this part of pregnancy difficult. The reasuring sickness is gone (never thought I would refer to it as that) and the movement isn't strong or frequent enough to give the constant reminder of a little in growing inside. So needless to say I'm very ready for my ultrasound on the 27th.

3 comments:

Lora said...

Poor Kirby! Sick babies are no fun. Lily is just starting to seriously teethe and I cannot imagine how much worse molars will be!

I can't wait for the 27th either, I want to see more pictures of Dimei/Skeletor/Itty Bitty Pitty!

Leslie said...

Oh, Kirby! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! Sam commiserates with you.

Yuck, Rachel, what a horrible feeling - it's scary when the sickness is something that reassures you! I am sure everything is just wonderful with Dimei. Your womb is so comfortable he is just chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool.

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

The Perry family joins you with the teething issues. Andrew hasn't been right all week. We now have a whopping 12 teeth and 2 of those were a pain coming in. Try Hyland's teething tablets. They've taken the edge off these past few days.
We're looking forward to learning Baby Pittman's gender.

Love you!
Ames