Thursday, July 06, 2006

A crazy moment

OK, so I may be acting a bit crazy. But I'm pregnant so I feel that I can get away with it. We got out the baby clothes recently so we could share with Luke Minor (even if we have a boy a lot of the clothes won't work because they are the complete wrong season--but they are perfect for Luke). The gowns and sleepers were seperate and I didn't find them until later so I haven't passed them on yet. Last week I decided I would see how one of his 0-3 mo. gowns fit--I knew a sleeper would just be torture. I got it on him but it is like a mini gown now.

He wasn't so happy about his picture being taken in a gown.

You can see it only covered to his elbow and right below his butt.

And in case some of you are wondering, yes my little boy wore gowns when he was first born. That may be weird to some of you (Jessie) but it was so much easier to change a middle of the night diaper--NO SNAPS!! I remember just a year ago this gown trailed way below his feet and the sleeves had to be rolled up several times. They grow so much!

4 comments:

Lora said...

That is too funny! Kirby looks so cute in a gown :)

It really is amazing the difference that one single year can make in a baby's life!

Leslie said...

Oh, you better believe Sam wore gowns! At four in the morning, I was in no mood to do the snaps on a onesie. And he wore them throughout the day on some days in the beginning, when I was just too tired to bother with clothes. Gowns are great!

Jessie said...

Ok...my sleepers had zippers. I also read in the Bible where boys should dress like boys and girls should dress like girls. Sorry God thinks that is an abomination. But hey you knock me. I won't have to be held accountable for that action when I meet Jesus. Good luck with that. (for those who don't know me this is entirely a joke but except for the sleepers with zippers part. They were a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Lily still barely fits in her gown. I tried one on her last night. Her upper body fits just fine, but the gown stops at her feet. When she was a newborn, that thing hung down like a bridal train :)