Tuesday, July 04, 2006

New Big Boy Room

Since Kirby went for a trip to the beach with Grommy and Paparazzi, our first weekend alone since he was born, I used Monday to clean and organize Kirby's bedroom. We had started a bit already but I had more I wanted to do. Plus I had other things to do around the apartment. It was weird without Kirby but I think it was good for us and him. We even got to have a date night and didn't have to worry about getting back for the babysitter.

This is his big boy bed. We finally found a sheet set that didn't have some sort of character (I didn't particularly want Sponge Bob in his room) to go with his baby quilt. We used the reverse side with trains on it so there would be something familiar to add to the new bed. Now he can get used to it for a while before we actually put him in it.

I wanted to organize some of his books and toys a bit better so I got this. Now he has more of a play area and I can start teaching him to pick up his toys. I know it will take a while but hopefully this will make it easier.



I'll get Larry to email me some pictures of their beach adventure. They told me they would get him to walk while they had him. We will see, maybe he will at least be closer. He has taken a few steps (like when Stan set off the smoke alarm and Kirby wanted to get to me very quickly because he was scared) so now he just needs to build his confidence. We are going to meet them half way to pick Kirby up this afternoon. I just hope he's happy to see me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His room looks so cute! You are such a great mommy :)

Leslie said...

That's a great set-up - very organized and neat. Our toys are just thrown in various toy boxes. I don't even know where all his stacking rings are!

Wow, Kirby is moving to a big boy bed. Can you believe it??