This weekend was very exciting with lots of firsts for Kirby. Yesterday was Stan's Birthday (He's 33 now--so OLD!!) so we took Kirby over to Aunt Kitty and Aunt Tara's to spend the night. We knew he would have lots of fun with them and their dog Brody. Kirby's first slumber part! Then we wouldn't have to worry about what time we got home to let the babysitter get home and we could sleep in a bit. Plus we wanted to go get Stan his Birthday gift at REI so this was perfect--it's easier to browse and take your time without a child, as the other mothers know. :) Also Kirby's hair has been getting quite scraggly in the back and it was time for Aunt Kitty to give him a quick trim. And to top it off, when Grommy and Paparazzi sent Stan his Birthday $ to buy his shoes they sent a bit extra for Kirby--they said it was time for him to get fitted and have some real shoes of his own. I know, they were right. Here are some pictures (a lot actually) to show all the events.
This is the before of Kirby's hair. All this long mess would be flopping around after he woke up each morning and after each nap. It's not very thick but it was getting too long.

We left him in the same chair after lunch because he was all strapped in and comfortable. He wasn't bothered by the sissors or the electric clippers. He even held the comb for Aunt Kitty.

This is the final result. Doesn't he look great! And a back shot to see how much better he looks.

We then headed off to the mall to Sriderite. He fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. He likes his new shoes. He kept inspecting them. It was obvious I rarely put shoes on him before. Thanks Grommy and Paparazzi!

And of course at REI we decided to get him a little something. His first Nalgene, now he is just like daddy. :) He's ready for a hike with this. A little silly but I thought it was so cute.
5 comments:
Kirby, those are some stylish shoes! Aunt Kitty did a wondeful job on your hair too. I may have to get her to cut Andrew's hair now.
Wow the Pittmans had a busy weekend. Kirby looks cuter than ever. I can't tell which is cuter, the new hairstyle or the new shoes.
Kirby, looking good! I love the shoes, and your hair is fantastic! So neat!
OMG! Those shoes are so darling!!!
I *love* the haircut, Kirby!
Kirby's new 'do is adorable! However, I'm quite peeved that I won't be able to give him his mohawk for a while! Such is life, I suppose!
Love you guys!
Jenn Mason
Post a Comment