Well that's what Kirby said. It took Stan and I totally off guard. At lunch and dinner we always hold hands and pray. Usually as soon as we are done Kirby is quick to let go and get right back to his meal--we haven't been able to teach him to wait until after prayer yet. :) But the other night we said Amen and Kirby said AMEN back. We just looked at each other to make sure we both heard right and then told him he was a good boy. It was so exciting. He is learning new words everyday. Just now he started to reach for my coffee and I told him 'No, that's hot' and now he is moving around the room saying 'hot, hot, hot, hot'. He will also say Thank you (Tank you) and many other things that we say to him.
The best is that this morning I asked him if he was finished with his breakfast, instead of the usual 'finished' sign he uses he shook his head NO. I asked him if he wanted more Cheerios and he shook his head YES. When I got them out I prompted him to say please and he followed with the sign for 'please'. I love how he is able to communicate with us so much more. It is so much fun to watch him learn new things.
Also yesterday he took five unassisted steps. He's getting more confident so hopefully by his 15 month check up in a few weeks he will be walking more on his own. I don't want them to give me that concerned look. :) Ok enough on Kirby for today.
Tomorrow is the big ultra sound day. I can hardly wait. I don't know how anyone could ever wait the whole nine months to find out the sex of their baby. From the poll results it looks like most everyone thinks we are having a girl. If you want to vote again, do so in the comment area. I'm so curious to see what everyone thinks. :)
8 comments:
Yay for Kirby! That must be the sweetest sound to hear a baby say "Amen"!!!
I'm anxious for your ultrasound too! We will be happy no matter what the sex, but the Sr Women babies definately need a little more estrogen :)
AMEN! Atta boy, Kirby. Does he say it like an evangelical preacer on TV? You know, the ones who manage to make AMEN into three syllables: A-MEN-UH! Or maybe he just sounded like a 14-month-old little boy, saying "Amen" very sweetly and quietly....
Oh, here's my vote on Baby Dimei: a boy!
I'm with Leslie. I think Dimei is a boy. Either way, I'm going to have fun spoiling him/her.
Ah the pressure! I kept saying its a girl, no boy, no girl, no its a boy. Ok, whew, ok, here I go, here is my vote. BOY. Whew that was hard to make a decision.
Ugh! PreacHer, preacHer, preacHer! I hate it when I make typos!
Anyone know when Rachel's appt. is? I'm anxiously waiting to see what this baby is going to be.
Grommy knows, but it is not my news to tell :>)
Post a Comment