Saturday, June 24, 2006
Dr.'s Appt.
Today I had an appointment to check on the status of Skelator. It seems that everything is going well. I haven't gained any weight--a deffinite plus, my iron was good--no pills to take this time, and my blood pressure was normal--another great change from my last pregnancy. All other normal pregnancy checks were fine too. It seems Skelator may also be a hyper child. The heart beat was ranging from 158-170. For those that have had children you know the norm for during pregnancy is 140-160. The NP said that's fine for a child this size and this early in pregnancy. But I'm sure the baby flipped while she was listening, just like he was flipping all during the ultrasound. Needless to say this child may not be the calm, content child that Kirby is. Still today went very well and things are looking good. It's great not to hear, 'watch your weight', 'are you exercising?', 'you really have got to watch that blood pressure'. I guess some of those things could have been avoided on my part but I'm trying much harder to stay healthy this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yay! Good for you! Glad everything is going so well! The old wives tale is if the baby has a heartbeat over 150, its a girl! Hmmm...I guess we'll see :)
Wow, that's quite a heartbeat! I have always heard that your second child is NOTHING like your first. I can't wait to see how Skeletor will turn out.
So glad to hear your doctor's appointment went well!
Good for you for trying to stay healthy Rachel! I read this post while eating leftover breadsticks from Olive Garden for breakfast. And I'm not even eating for two people. ;) So kudos and good luck!
And I LOVE the fact that you are calling your baby Skeletor. Simply fabulous.
I think everyone is secretly--or not so secretly--hoping we have a girl (which this weekend I'm finally thinking of the possibility of me with a daughter). Sorry Lora, Kirby proved that old wives tale wrong, he was always between 150 and 160. Well until the end when he was bigger.
I'm really getting worried that Skelator is going to be the anti-Kirby. Meaning high maintenace and WAY hyper.
You're a fantabulous mother and you'll be able to handle an overly active child. I can't wait to meet him/her. I'm secretly hoping for a little girl. There are WAY too many cute girl clothes just waiting for me to buy them.
We love you!
The Perry's
Boy or girl, the baby will be blessed to have you as a mom:) It blows my mind that God will give you exactly what He wants you to have to raise for His glory. Just think, He is knitting he/she together in your womb.
Wow:)
WHERE IS KIRBY?
I'd like to echo Leslie's sentiment. No more slack blogging for you, missy!
Post a Comment