Monday, May 22, 2006

Our weekend

OK so I'm about to really get worried about my son. He was still holding on to his cough all weekend. So much so he could hardly sleep Saturday night. When we got him up Sunday morning he was pitiful. We were all ready for church and Stan finally said he couldn't put Kirby through the long day--he never gets a good nap if any in the nursery--with him feeling so rotten. So Kirby and I stayed home while Stan headed off to church (he filled in for me in the nursery for my monthly duty--I think it was a new experience for him for sure). Kirby fell back asleep by nine and slept until 12. Papa John and Eric came in to have lunch with us and celebrate Kirby's Birthday. They didn't get to play much but I think Papa John was fine with rocking Kirby and letting him rest in his lap. :)

The pregnancy is still the same. I'm still tired and experiencing waves of nausea. I will be 10 weeks this week so I'm hoping it will soon pass. This is my last week with Riley and afterschool and then we are off to FL for the weekend and then I get a week off before I start my new job at the Kids R Kids that just opened next door to our apartment complex. I will actually be able to walk to work and save sooooo much on gas. Yeeeaaa!

Hopefully Kirby will be feeling better later today and I can get some pictures of him being cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirby, I hope you feel better soon!

Lily is still struggling with her cold too. She's on antibiotics for the ear infection, but its not really helping all the congestion. Our poor babies!

When will you be working? Will you still be home with Kirby during the day? I admire you so much: full-time mommy, 1st trimester pregnant AND working! You're amazing! I hope you're nausea gets better soon too :)

Anonymous said...

Also, we need some belly pics!!!

Rachel said...

Sorry Lora, no belly pics. Maybe when I get a bit bigger I will take some covered belly shots. At this point you can't really tell because I look basically the same--I've been losing weight, not on purpose--well unless you push where my stomach is getting firm. So anyway, that is to say nope on the belly shots. At this point it just looks like a fat belly with stretch marks. Not cute. I'm hoping in your head I'm still a skinny person and that is why you think I would be proud to show my body. I think you have forgotten how much I gained while pregnant with Kirby. :)

Leslie said...

Rachel, a lot of the mommies I talk to say their children have gotten sick. One called the doctor and he told her there is a new spring croup-like virus. The fever lasts for 3-4 days and it is accompanied by a horrible cough. Does Kirby have a fever?

Anonymous said...

Rach, you are too funny! In my head, you are the same beautiful Rachel you were last time I saw you!

Don't worry, I know all about the fat belly and stretch marks -- no bathing suit for me this year! I also still have my linea negra and a surprisingly brown belly button. When will that go away?!

Well, I am at least requesting covered belly shots when you are showing more. You are a gorgeous mommy and we have to document how Dimei (sp?) is growing!

Rachel said...

Kirby did run a fever for about 2 days. Now he just wakes up and has a smokers cough. I've been trying to get him to quit. :)

OK, some belly shots will come as soon as I'm really showing. I've already bought some cute maternity clothes so I will be showing those off through the summer as well. I'm excited about a maternity bathing suit--if I find a cute one that I like. My belly button was brown forever, finally it started to kinda peel off in the shower.