Thursday, May 18, 2006

Accomplishments

I wanted to post some pictures yesterday but my camera died while taking them, which is why these pictures are pretty sad for his first birthday pictures. Oh well, I tried.
He has now discovered the diaper bin. Clean ones at least. I hid the Qtips but it looks like he found a fun substitute.

This was me trying to get some nice pictures of him smiling and being cute on his 1st Birthday. He didn't want to pose or look at me. Then he wanted to play with his new bed. At least he likes it.


Here are some things I wanted to put down so I can remember what Kirby was doing when he turned 1. I may have to come back and edit this page several times as I remember things or remember that I remembered wrong. Hey, I'm pregnant, I have an excuse.

Words Kirby says or has said:
DaDa, MaMa, Book, Keys, Ball, Wow, Oooh and a whole lot of babbling. I think he is trying to say Riley too but who knows.

Things he does now:
crawling so fast it's hard to keep up with him at times, loves to play with the doors to the entertainment armoire, cruising along the couch and around the 'coffee table', rocks in his rocking chair, signed 'more' for the first time by himself on his Birthday, starting to drink from sippy cup with no help, gets into everything--whether he's supposed to or not

What he eats:
He loves to have banana and cheerios for breakfast, mustard and turkey sandwich, peanut butter sandwich (sometimes jelly), mixed vegetables (really any kind we put in front of him--even more so if they have a bit of barbeque sauce on them), spaghetti, chicken nuggets, any meat we give him, jello, apple sauce, pineapple, manderine oranges, peaches, has started drinking soy milk, star puffs, kix

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are remarkable little creatures! I can't believe that in one year, Lily will be doing some of those same things!

Happy Birthday, kirby! Rach, give him a b-day smooch for me!!!

Anonymous said...

How could you for get spaghetti, BBQ chicken, baked beans and tomatoes? I know....he really hasn't turned his nose up at much, except birthday cake :>)