Wednesday, May 17, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRBY!!!

I can't believe it's Kirby's Birthday. A year ago right now I was in the surgery recovery room. I think Kirby and I were both a little out of it at that point. So much has happened in the last year. I truely love being Kirby's mother. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. And now he's a big brother. Today as he was trying to be nice to Riley I got excited to think that in a short time he will be acting that way towards his own little DiMei. I don't have pictures to post yet today but hopefully I can get some of him later. He was a little under the weather last night with the return of his croupy cough and a bit of a fever but it hasn't seemed to slow him down at all today. He was all over the place. :) I love my kid!


And now I must say that I'm not sure I want to be the Senior Mommies Fearless Leader. What about Leslie, she's better than I am. Plus we have done many of the same things and I wasn't the one to suggest them to her. I'm only a couple of months ahead of her. Maybe if there has to be a 'leader' Leslie and I can be co-leaders. Too much PRESSURE! ;)

6 comments:

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Moving my comment from below.

Happy Birthday Kirby! It's hard to believe a year ago today (May 17th) you were born. Your Auntie Amy loves you very, very much!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRBY!!!!!!!!

A year changes everything doesn't it? One year ago, you were having a baby, Leslie was about to pop, Lily was so tiny that I didn't even know she was there and West had not even been conceived yet. Now, we all have beautiful and healthy babies -- isn't life amazing?

Kirby is a little darling and I'm so glad that you're blogging, so we can keep up with him. Now, if we can just get you down here more often!

I vote that you and Leslie can be co-leaders, you two are fantastic mommy examples!

Also, Demei (sp?) can have the outfit when Lily grows out of it! I'll tell Lily to take good care of it for him/her :)

Leslie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIRBY! I can't believe your little boy is a one-year old and a toddler! How crazy is that?? And I am going to have to disagree with you that I have done better than you, but I would love to be a co-leader with you. SOO much better than just a leader - you're right; too much pressure! But you all are really going to blow my head up with all the "good mommy" talk. Hey, at least I know I'm better than stupid Britney Spears.

Anyway, happy birthday again to Kirby!

Leslie said...

Sigh. I feel bad for saying what I did about Britney. Please forget I said anything.

Like I said, I really hope Kirby has a great first birthday. I agree with Lora - we have all come so far in a year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kirby!!!

One year ago a group of us were huddled around a phone trying to figure out if you had been born yet. Look at ya now big guy.

J.C. said...

Happy Birthday Kirby!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's been a year! Love to all of you!