So the new drama that comes alone with weaning looks like this. This is the pitiful face I had to look at this morning after Kirby had a meltdown. Today I dropped his third feeding out of 4. I've been doing it in 2 week intervals. So first I dropped the lunch feeding--not an issue because he gets up from nap and goes to the lunch table and we did it during vacation so Stan was there to distract him. The second I dropped was the afternoon feeding--a little bit more difficult but I started on a Saturday so Stan could get him up for two days, then he would be with Meagan on Monday and Tuesday while I'm at work. Plus once he figured out he gets a snack he was fine. However, this morning I dropped the morning feeding. I thought he would be fine, because he goes straight to the breakfast table. Stan was going to be in charge of breakfast to help with the transition but he wasn't here because he got stuck at Wal Mart getting his oil changed so I was on my own. Kirby was a little upset but then got his banana and cereal so he got over it. Until I took him down from his high chair. That's when the meltdown began. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that. I was priceless. This is what he looked at after the crying stopped, I gave him his blue doggy and put him in his favorite chair.
Thankfully Kirby seemed to get over it pretty soon and was all smiles before I knew it. Isn't this face so cute--He looks like his Uncle J. I'm going to send it to AmericanBaby. com to see if he will be posted as the baby of the day. Then I can share his cuteness with all other mothers. They can all be jealous that they don't have a Kirby at their house.
The last picture really shows how quick he got over his drama. He started playing a game of dropping blue doggy on the floor and then leaning over to pick it up. Seems like not so much fun to me but it was very amusing to him. Well that and his bobbing back and forth to rock himself. This red rocking chair is the only place I can put him to keep him in one place. As of right now he can't get down on his own (probably because the only time he tried resulted in a face plant on the carpet) so I can put him there and know he can't go anywhere. At least for now. Anyway, he's been fine for the rest of the day so I think, like all children before him, will be weaned and is going to be fine. When I stop the last feeding at bedtime we will see true drama. Oh well, I have two weeks to prepare us all for that one.

2 comments:
That second picture is to die for. You should submit it! I would vote for it in a heartbeat.
I personally, would love to have a Kirby at my house!
All those pics are you cute, I'd vote for any of them. Let us know if you really do send them in :-)
Post a Comment