Monday, April 10, 2006
A little nerdy
Well I told everyone that Kirby has become a book worm. The first things he plays with now are his books, he loves them. Well one day last week I was certain he looked over at the basket of books in his room and said 'book'. Stan didn't believe me, even when I insisted that he has continued to say it when he saw one of his books. Well today he was having some play time in the living room while we were in there and I asked Kirby 'Where's your book?' He looked over at his favorite farm book and said 'Book'! He said it several more times too, so finally Stan heard it. Now Stan can't say I'm just hearing things. So now he has three words. He says Mama, Dada (both he rarely says) and book. Stan says Kirby is a nerd like me and that's why he loves books. I have to admit, I don't care one bit if he's a little nerdy. Yesterday he also did the sign for 'more' a couple of times when I was giving him something to drink in his sippy cup--which, by the way, he no longer boycots. The signing is taking a while but hopefully I'll be more consistant and he will pick it up quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so proud of him! Larry called Papa Great,Granny Great and his mother (Grandma Great) to let them know about our newest nerd. Just keep it "real" books and not the kind his Uncle J. likes (comic books).
Grommy & I were questioning wheather we have a budding "Einstein" on our hands. After all, Kirby has been listening to "Baby Einstein" ALL HIS LIFE. :-)
What can I say, he LOVES those CDs. The only person I've ever known that can dance to classical music--well other that interpretive dance. :)
Let's take the boys to the library this summer.
Power to the nerds! I can't believe Kirby is talking already. Boy, time flies!
Post a Comment