Friday, April 07, 2006

Kirby is a...

CRAWLER!!! That's right my lazy child finally decided to crawl this morning. I couldn't believe it. I have to admit I was a little worried. I even thought Sam might beat him. While I'm in no way trying to make them compete (please Leslie don't think that at all) I was a tad worried that my son would be developmentally behind Sam--and all other children if I'm being honest--who is almost two months younger. Not too much time you say, but in the first year it makes a difference. I was getting to be slightly psychotic about it, internally mostly so no one would know I'm a crazy mother. They always say all babies develop at different rates but when it's your child that is a bit slow, you worry. Oh well, now the only thing I have to worry about is have I gotten every thing baby proofed. I guess that's how I will be spending my evening once I return from the WIC office.

The pictures kinda show his first attempts. I took a short film of the next time so I will try to figure out how to get that up too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Hooray for Kirby!

M said...

Judging by the way he sleeps- I would say forget crawling and take his baby yoga moves on the road. It could be the next big baby trend!!!!

Keep in mind: a crawling baby means a running mommy... get ready to work out 24/7.

Good luck with the baby proofing:)