This Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday was our first day of school for the 2012-2013 school year. I count all three days as the first cause I needed to phase in and take it in baby steps.
Now that Judah is three he can start at local pre-school (they call it Kindergarten). Kirby went for one year right when we moved here and it was not a great experience, so we never even thought of sending Bennett. But my sweet, sweet Judah has lived here most of his life and didn't know he wasn't Chinese until our trip to the States, so we thought he would be just fine. And he has been. Not a tear shed, or argument given. Plus, with both of his big brothers needing to do home school, we thought it would be less distracting for teacher/students and more entertaining for pre-schooler to be out of the house!
He started on Monday morning and has loved it. This is actually him leaving Tuesday morning because he's the third child and we forget we should record milestones Monday morning was CRAZY and we would have been late if we had taken the time for pictures.
The walk down our street to meet his ride! He looks way too big to by my baby.
Monday afternoon marked the first day of the big boys' co-op class. With Judah starting that morning I decided not to get going with our home school just yet, but they were still super excited to be heading off to school. Kirby was excited, but at 7 he is already too cool to show it in pictures. Or he couldn't breath in Bennett's headlock, you decide.
I made them 'walk' for this pic...Kirby stood still. He barely humors me.
Tuesday morning we started one part of our school, just the Tapestry of Grace to make sure we could get a full week in. That stuff is not for the faint of heart, it's a full 36 weeks! So I didn't want to put it off at all. We're getting it all done!
Welcome to the Pittman School for Boys!
We got started with everything else (Math and Reading...I'm still not starting Science until next week) on Wednesday morning. Yes, they have on the same shirts two days later. It's been cool but not cold and this is the only 'light weight' sweatshirt they have. And let's be honest, they'll find any excuse to wear the Avengers and Transformers.
So, here goes nothing. Stan and I are both still studying language, so all five of us are in school now. I told Stan I had gotten used to he and I being busy, but now we are adding in busy schedules for all three boys. Keep the coffee flowing!





No comments:
Post a Comment