Saturday, September 01, 2012

Bangkok

This past week we went to Bangkok to get our visas stamped (must be done every 90 days) and to do some medical visits.  Judah, Bennett and I had some appointments and the whole family were going to the dentist for good measure.  We scheduled to leave last Sunday and return Wednesday.  It would be two days of travel, one spent at the hospital and a whole day of family fun.  So I thought I would get to post fun pictures of our family living it up in Bangkok.  Instead Kirby got a stomach virus on Sunday, yes the day we left, and by Monday afternoon was looking pretty bad.  Well, we were at the best Hospital I've ever been to so I thought I'll just run him by the Pediatrician to get him some probiotics or something.  Dr. Karl took one look at him and said, 'Wow, he's really dehydrated!'  Ummm...that's not good.  With all our traveling the doctor felt Kirby really needed to be admitted and on IV fluids for at least 24 hours.  So that's what we did.  No family fun day pictures.  Just pictures of my big boy looking sickly and staring at various On Demand movies.

All settled in his hospital PJs, waiting to get hooked up.

Finally hooked up and snuggly in his bed.  By a few hours later I could already tell he was feeling better.

The next morning he tried to eat something.  Thankfully he loves eggs and was willing to eat just a little.

This was Wednesday morning.  We were discharged at 9:00 PM Tuesday night so we could catch our flight on Wednesday morning.  He got back to the guest house and went straight to bed but you can see he was all smiles when he woke up (feeling SO much better) and got to see what his brothers picked out for him for his Thailand surpresent.

I've decided Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand is like a black hole.  It sucks you in and takes forever to get out.  So thankful there is a Starbucks right inside!

No comments: