Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Olympic fans.

The boys have really enjoyed the first Olympics since they've been old enough to understand.  We were able to download the Opening Ceremonies a few days after they aired, and even though they didn't compare to the show that was put on in 2008 (yes, I'm totally partial), we still enjoyed watching as a family.  We've also enjoyed watching several events.  The boys thought a few were a bit boring to watch...gymnastics, track and field, and swimming (it shames me to write that) mainly.  But they have absolutely enjoyed watching archery and fencing, in addition to a few other things.  I didn't get pictures of the bow and arrow they made (amazing use of a sweatband, might I add) but I got a few action shots of the fencing.  Fun stuff. 

They were using parts from their play tool sets.

I think Bennett was trying to kick...they had been watching Judo as well.

They figured out that hitting hands hurt and were afraid of getting hit in the eye, so they found some gloves and fencing masks.

Funny boys made their masks out of some bike helmets.  They could have their face covered and see through the holes.  Pretty close to the real thing...in a ghetto sort of way.

No comments: