Today was Kirby's first day of Kindergarten and my first day as a homeschool mom. He has been excited for months so now that the day had finally arrived he was bubbling over with joy. I on the other hand was a bit nervous to take on this new role.
Stan told Kirby he could pick a special breakfast if he wanted, which of course he did. He chose pancakes, eggs and bacon. Since Stan takes the role of breakfast chef each morning he fulfilled Kirby's request.
This was the smile Kirby told me he was going to use for his first day of school pictures. He didn't disappoint. And as you can see Bennett was quite happy to reap the breakfast benefits.
Stan made a sign for the door. Our hope is in a couple of months Judah will go ahead and move into the boys' room and we will turn his room into our office. That means the room downstairs that is currently the office/school room/laundry room will become just the school room/laundry room--unfortunately the washer and dryer has no other possible home. But since we are still a month or two away from this transition we wanted to make the room look a little different for the day. Thus the sign...
Our little set up.
The calendar showing our first day.
Once Bennett truly figured out he was getting left out of this new activity he was quite upset. I had planned that he would get to be part of our Bible story and coloring page but in the beginning that just wasn't enough. Thankfully Stan had a morning off so he could spend special time with Bennett and then when it was story and coloring time he got to participate and was so happy. I think I'm going to have to start letting him work on some Pre-K work sheets while we do school. I have a bunch of books so hopefully that will make him happy.
Kirby was ready at his school table.
He really liked his name plate.
And a picture with his teacher. And his pouty little brother. It will be an adjustment for them both to not spend all morning together playing.
The day before we started I realized that we had talked about school so much but never really emphasized that this would be a long on going thing. So I asked him how long he thought he should do school--hoping so much that he didn't think it would just take him a day or two. I was so happy he said he would probably need school until he was grown into a big man. I told him to count on that!
Also, all morning Stan was calling me 'Teach'. Later in the day Kirby called me that several times. Once in front of some friends. My new nickname got a good laugh. But I'm pretty sure I would primarily like to stay mom...








1 comment:
Another nickname. You really can not say that you never had one now! I am impressed you were prepared with your makeup on! go "Teach"!
Post a Comment