Stan and the boys had their first camp out last night! This is something Stan has been waiting for since we found out we were having a son. Father/son camp outs is something Stan has been looking forward to, so he decided to just go for it. Since there aren't real campsites around here Stan decided to turn our side yard into one. It's not accessible other than from our house so it was perfect. Judah and I did not participate although I'm sure it will be a family even in just a few short years.
They wanted to have tent sleeping practice the night before.
They were pretty comfy!
The set up
First we roasted hotdogs on the fire.
Then on to the marshmallows!
Our friends Chocolate and Maggie joined us for the campfire.
Stan and I taught them all about s'mores. Maggie was helping get Kirby loaded up for another.
S'mores and roasted marshmallows make everyone happy!
Tucked in watching a movie before bed.
Bennett enjoyed it so much that while we were skyping with Grommy and Poppy the next morning he disappeared. I suddenly heard yelling and freaked out sure that he got into the campsite and got hurt on something. This is what we found...
He was trying to get back out to the side yard through the doggy door (from the former residents, we don't own a dog). Stan wouldn't let me help the poor boy till he got a picture.
3 comments:
How Fun!!! What a great opportunity for the boys and Stan!
Great pics! Those boys are so cute. As I was ooohing and ahhing over the family camping pictures, all of a sudden John yelled into my ear "LOOK! STAN'S GOT A HEADLAMP!" (John is obsessed with his headlamp and was pleased beyond everything to see a kindred soul in Stan). I was too busy smiling at the kiddos to notice Stan's headlamp, but John asked me to comment and give Stan props. So, props Stan. Way to have a headlamp.
What a sweet, yet hilarious post all at the same time! Kari referred me to your blog, so glad she did!!
Post a Comment