Saturday, September 05, 2009

Monkey Pie

Both Kirby and Bennett are thumb suckers, but with Judah we decided to try a pacifier--I think I've said this before but there are two reasons: I think we will never be able to break them of this habit and because germs are 10 times more gross to me here than in the States. I think it might be possible that neither of them had really ever seen a paci, at least not in our home. For some reason, after explaining to Kirby what it was and what it was used for, he started to call it the monkey pie. Well it stuck and I even find myself calling Judah 'Monkey Pie' some times.

So what has our little Monkey Pie been up to since we got home? He's getting to be more and more alert. He's starting to give us smiles, although he's very selective as to when, and is cooing more and more. He's also starting to try to 'talk' to us. Especially to his brothers who are constantly wanting to talk to and play with him. Poor Judah, let's hope he makes it to Bennett's age with both eyes.

Sporting leg warmers (a common thing for him most days--how did I never know how great they were before?) and loving the monkey pie at nap time.

1 comment:

Jason and Kathleen said...

oh rach.....he is so cute. he looks like a plump Kirby to me in this pic. I love the leg warmers too!