Monday, July 27, 2009

Love

We are all so in love with Judah. I have to say he has been an easy baby SO FAR. He eats REALLY well, naps well during the day and only has a little trouble at night. Of course I'm trying to keep him up a little more during the day so that maybe the nights will start to go better. Kirby and Bennett love to hold Judah, go in a look at him and make sure he is doing ok. We need to work on the constant touching of the face--we don't want him to lose an eye--but that is no surprise. Bennett is especially impressing me. He has been acting his normal self and none of the jealousy we were somewhat expecting. Of course we have grandparents here and more on the way so we shall see how it is when we are down to just the 5 of us.

Judah had an appointment this morning to check his weight, make sure he's not jaundice at all and to confirm how perfect he is. He lost 400 grams (about 13 oz.) while in the hospital so he was down from his birth weight of 4.130 kilos (9 lbs 2 oz) to 3.730 kilos (8 lbs 4 oz) and then was back up to 3.780 kilos (adding almost 2 oz) the day we left--thanks to my milk arriving on the scene. (By the way I am not trying to impress you with my use of the metric system, it's just the most accurate because that's what they use here--darn that metric system!) So today he weighed in at 3.98 kilos, up 200 grams, putting him about 8 lbs 12 oz. Since I know they like for them to gain an ounce a day I asked the Dr. if he knew the equivalent so I don't have to bust our my calculator everytime--30 grams is 1 ounce--so that puts Judah gaining 6.6 ounces in three days, I told you he eats REALLY well. I think we are covered in the milk department. He still has a little yellow going on but nothing that we need to worry about, it's definitely fading fast. And yes, he was perfect.

Enough of that, here are the pictures...what I know you really want to see.


I know I have a shot of Kirby or Bennett in this same position...just have to find it's location.


They had him all bundled up like a glow worm to go home.


Grommy and Poppy getting some Judah time when we got home on Friday.


Judah's first bath. We don't have a great place to bathe him so the only way to get a picture was the reflection in the mirror. Judah actually handled the bath really well, only letting me know his displeasure when I had to clean his little bottom.


Judah's first ride in the sling. He did really well other than you can tell he initially thought he was going to eat.


I had to include a few of my big boys. Here they are watching Ben 10--note the 'watches'--and Kirby was being an alien which is apparently accomplished by putting colored pencils between your toes.


Laying on Poppy--I promise these boys are doing more than just watching cartoons all day, well a little more...



And I just want to thank you all for the prayers over the last months and as delivery time approached. God answered in a mighty way in all areas. Please keep praying for our adjustment to being a family of 5, especially when we head home in 3-4 weeks.

6 comments:

The Parrish Family said...

Oh Rach!!! Judah is so handsome!! I am so glad that all has gone well. I'm glad that Kirby and Bennett are adjusting so well it gives me hope for down the road!! Hope to chat soon!!Love yall!!

Jason and Kathleen said...

Rach....wow...what little i saw of you....you are looking great too! I am sure you do feel as if a 10lb weight has been lifted off of you. Judah is precious and healthy. yay.

Jennifer said...

I just love you guys. I'm so happy for you.

Leslie said...

The Pittman boys are such cuties!! I love the picture of Judah sleeping with his arms up above his head. A friend of mine calls that the "I Surrender!" pose!

I'm glad sibling adjustments, naptimes, and doctor's appointments are going well!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

He is perfect in every way! I want to kiss his little cheeks. I hope things continue to go well when you head home. Can you come home soon, please?

Love you!

Lora said...

Awww! Love this post! Looks like Judah is fitting right in :)

Also, alien toes are the bomb!