Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh Boy!!!

So we had the BIG ultra sound on Friday afternoon (except because the machines here are not as good as the ones in TL or the States they weren't able to measure all the organs properly so we will have to have that done in a couple weeks). Despite every gut feeling from the whole family--including extended family--we are not having a girl but Boy #3! We were both shocked but are excited to welcome this little guy to our family. They wouldn't tell us they were 100% sure but we were all pretty sure we saw the jiji and the dandan (that is the slang terms for the boys parts, ji means chicken and dan means egg--I know, rather crass but I think it's hilarious even though highly inappropriate, especially when said by a woman :) Anyway, the only view we could get was from the bottom through his curled up legs, but we definitely saw something sticking out which would not happen in the case of a girl. So we are preparing for another son. We really like Judah for his first name but aren't completely sure (even though for the last year we've said if we had another son we would name him that) and can't find a middle name to go with it. We'll be sure to announce when we know for sure--we can't keep a secret. :)

We had a DVD made of the ultrasound so we have great pictures and a few little videos, HOWEVER the program that is needed to view the disc will not work on a MAC--which both our desktop and laptop happen to be. Sorry. You will just have to be satisfied with this preggo picture of me. This is me at 19 weeks, 3 days, putting me halfway through since I'm having a c-section at 39 weeks. Enjoy!



By the way I was feeling that I looked particularly good at the time this picture was taken because I had taken time to do my makeup, had on a real outfit and was having a somewhat good hair day--none of those things show up in this picture. That's what I get for thinking highly of myself. :)

10 comments:

Lora said...

Oh my Goodness!! Congrats on Boy #3!!!!!! And i love the name Judah, I think its awesome.

Rach, you look beautiful!

CAGB said...

Wow! I've been checking you out often hoping to see this update! For the record, I would have guessed girl, too! But, you are a boy family. :o) Congrats!

Jason and Kathleen said...

well you and stan sure do make a cute boy....so that is good. I am still pulling for an ACE though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the boy!! I was hoping for a girl, but agree that you two make some cute boys!! I also like the name Judah, a woman at my school had a little boy in Jan and named him Judah Asher, his last name is Scott which would also be a cute middle name if that gives you any ideas.

Anonymous said...

I forgot, you look so cute pregnant!

The Biambys said...

Congrats! You look great! The good thing about boys is they look out for their moms. You will have plently of little ones to love on you.

Anonymous said...

Rach,
Congrats on a little boy..I too like boys:) you look great as for the name just stay away form Iscariot...I feel that there would be some negative impressions ..BUt I love the name Judas..it is right up there with Nicholas...hello to all the pittmans..love ya

Amy said...

Yay, another boy! I just love little boys...I am sure you were hoping for a girl, but the idea of a bunch of brothers is just so sweet.

Jessie said...

You look so good pregnant!! How much fun to have another baby boy. You will definitely need to get a girl fish.

Unknown said...

Wow a third boy! That is so exciting. Having three brother will be great for them. They will all be so close.
BTW, you look fantastic! Glad you are doing well.
And Judah is an awesome name.