While we were gone on our trip the boys stayed with some friends that have older children. Their youngest is 9 so the boys think he is just the coolest person ever! He was kind enough to let the boys borrow two swords and a helmet for a while to play with here at our house (a treat for them because I'm not big on any type of combat toys). Stan thought it would be fun to watch them fight it out. I think it's really funny cause Bennett is wearing the helmet and holding the Star Wars light saber and Kirby has the short sword that goes with the helmet. Enjoy the pictures and don't miss the video in the post below.
I think Kirby is about to get whacked in the head.

Bennett is the MAN!

Now Stan wants to get the boys boxing gloves and watch them punch it out. Is this something I should get used to with a house full of boys???
5 comments:
Have you read Bringing Up Boys? how about Wild at Heart?
Get used to the combat toys. I'm not advocating mean spirited violence. However, if you don't 'buy' it they will make it out of paper towel rolls, sticks, etc....
you might as well, train them to use those types of toys safely, i.e. no whacking in the head...
will you help me get one of those baby things at the top of my page?
Absolutely, you should get used to all sorts of play fighting, including wrestling, sword fighting, shoot outs, etc. I love how God puts that spirit of being the protecter in their DNA. Big hug!
I can answer with just one word....YES! and when they get older lots of bloody war movies in the mancave..love ya....Angie..heck you are practically going to have a whole basketball team with just your men....
Light Sabres are the greatest. Brendon still loves his to this day. He has 4 of them! Hope you guys are doi8ng well over there:)
Post a Comment