Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning!

We had a great Christmas and it was more fun this year because the boys were much more into it. Kirby talked a lot about it being Jesus's Birthday and sang Happy birthday to him several times. I think it was a little overwhelming for them because we usually have several rounds of opening presents with each set of grandparents and then us. This year it was all at one time. We found a toy store in the capital city that sells mostly American brand toys (unfortunately at more than American prices but it's worth it for stuff not to break two days after they get it) so we got a bunch of stuff there. I'm just glad we didn't do Santa too (we decided not to when Kirby was a baby) the boys would have been complete maniacs instead of just half maniacs. Enjoy the pictures!

Trying to figure out this stocking thing--or Stock as Kirby calls it.

Their gift from us...

Dinosaur legos for Kirby and a remote control car for Bennett! I think they liked it.

Number puzzle...we had to leave the old one behind when we moved.

Letters...also a victim of the move. They were excited for new puzzles.

The aftermath.

Bennett got this play cell phone in his 'Stock' and wouldn't put it down while he was watching one of many Christmas movies.

Riding the doggy that was built out of the new building things...not quite sure what they are called.

Watching the Grinch shortly before nap time. I couldn't believe they were actually sitting there together and there was no drama.

The day after Christmas we got a box from Florida. This Lightening McQueen pillow and matching throw was in there. Kirby insists that it's a 'packpack' because it has straps that are meant to hold the throw.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

what cuties! I love the pictures. I am glad you 5 had a great Christmas.

Jessie said...

What an amazing Christmas morning!! I love the picture of them sitting in the chair watching a movie. When baby comes you'll have to figure out where she fit in that chair.

Leslie said...

It looks like Kirby and Bennett had a fabulous Christmas! Just check out all of that wrapping paper from the unwrapped presents! (Although my favorite part of that picture is you in the background guzzling what I'm assuming is coffee). :)

I like the picture of them sitting side by side in front of the computer.