Lately we have seen a lot of growth in the boys spiritually. Kirby says the sweetest prayers now. They go a little like this...
'Dear Lord, thank you for this day, thank you for all our blessings, thank you for mommy and daddy and bennett, thank you for ...(fill in the blank with anyone we have seen recently). Thank you for Jesus. Amen
He prays the same thing at bed and at meal time. It is funny how he imitates the words/phrases that he hears others saying.
Now for Bennett..the boy is too cute. He wants to participate too. He puts his head down on the table, starts to mumble (God knows what he's saying) and continues until someone says Amen. I love it! Especially since Kirby refused to pray when he was that age.
Now add that to both of them (really Kirby and Bennett just following him) wanting to have a 'quiet time' and teach God, as Kirby says, I'm one proud Mommy.
8 comments:
What sweet boys you have! And, what an amazing mama you are!
awww......i am glad they are so sweet. I really like Bennetts prayers. Keep the stories coming.
My sweet grandsons! I find myself talking like Kirby all the time, like when I'm finished with something I'll say "I'm done". I almost described a lost jacket this morning on the announcements has having a "hoog" :>)
I think you need to hop a flight back to NC stat! I need a good dose of the Pittman family.
Our prayers start out with "Thank you God for the red scissors, blue scissors, green scissors and the paper I cut." Family memembers fall somewhere in the middle. I see how we stack up!
I love listening to children pray. It is so sweet.
That is so sweet. Jonathan has just started to imitate praying around meal time. He'll bow his head and mumble something and then scream AMEN.
You guys are doing an amazing job showing your boys how to daily walk with Father.
Kirby and Bennett are growing so fast, just like Jay and Rachel did. I know you are a great mom and dad, and we are very proud of you. I miss you all so much. Hope you are all well and everything is going great in China. We are good here, just same ole work and home life. Eric and I just had our 10 year anniversary, can you believe that. I'm traveling every week, and loving my new/old job back. This week I have had a cold, but just planning to lay around this weekend and rest. Hope to hear from you guys soon, let us know everything is going good. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
that is so cute! kids are so innocent. When reading that, I have to remember God wants us to go back to be childlike in our prayers and no fear, just trusting him. Hope you are well
Post a Comment