It was like a year ago (not really but a long time) but I got tagged to do 7 things about myself. I know you were probably hoping for a real update, and that is coming as soon as we download pictures and such, but for now you can read 7 things about me.
1. I am NOT an animal person. This is the hardest thing for people to understand about me. To clarify I do not hate animals (Jessie!) and wish no harm to them. I just have never been emotionally attached to any animal. Even the pets I had when I was younger. It's not anything I can explain. I kinda feel like getting a pet is like having another child and I would just rather have another child. Of course both of my boys LOVE animals so I will let them get a pet. Someday. When they are old enough to care for it.
2. As a believer in Christ I base all of my views (political, world, etc.) on what the Bible says. I believe it is 100% true. To me saying only parts of it are true or applicable to today is like saying any book is partly true or applicable to today. It just doesn't make sense.
3. I have struggled with my weight for as long and I can remember. And now that I am at one of my heaviest weights (other than pregnancy and between pregnancies) have I come to a place of acceptance. I would still love to lose a bit but I am completely OK with the body that God has given me and feel if I am healthy that is all that matters.
4. I like most kinds of music, from any time period. The only thing I don't like is music that sounds angry. Especially Christian music that sounds angry--that makes no sense to me.
5. I was a computer teacher and IT person at a small private school for two years. I know very little about computers. My solution to everything was to reboot the computer. 95% of the time it worked and people thought I knew what I was doing. I think maybe only Jessie and Sara knew I was completely clueless.
6. I have played three instruments during my life. Piano, violin and cello. I can't play any of them now.
7. I'm not a cryer. Certain things make me cry. I can remember when a friends mom saw me cry for the first time after watching the movie Philadelphia and her comment was 'Rachel doesn't have a heart of stone!' I sometimes have emotional periods of time, but mostly this well is dry.
There you go. Some random facts. More to come on the last three weeks soon. :)
5 comments:
I would like to take the opportunity to say that Rachel was a great computer teacher. My kids would come back from her class saying 'she is great and we had so much fun.'
Now I feel like I know you a little better.
ummm....tell me some things i didn't know Rach! JK! That was fun.
Love it! I vote you do the 100 things post next :)
Finally there is another person like my husband who is not an anmal person! I feel like I have always had to defend him because he is such a minority. He also doesnt like chocolate or drink coffee to add to that. Just wanted you to know you are not the only one :)
I could seriously cut and paste #1 and #7 into a bio about me. It word-for-word describes me too! I enjoyed reading about you. Good luck with the move!!
Post a Comment