Yes, potty training has been my HUGE task for the last week and a half. We started Saturday, February 2nd. If you look at Sarah's blog you can see basically how I did it. Of course the book that I also used makes it seem like it takes one day--in reality it takes at least a week for them to start to get the hang of it. Kirby still has good days and bad days. I'm so thankful to Philip, Felicia and Jessie for all the encouragement. I might have lost my mind if not. Aunt Kitty also called each day to get a progress report and make sure I wasn't losing my mind. :) All I have to say is this is by far the most challenging task of parenting so far.
Day #1, Kirby got a sticker every time he had dry underwear and went in the potty.
He was so proud.
The big boy on the potty!
7 comments:
Crud. I typically follow your lead when it comes to doing things with Sam, since Kirby is only two months older than him. So I guess I need to seriously start potty training soon. I am dreading it.
But congratulations to you and Kirby! That's great he's done so well with it!
I agree that potty training is one of the most difficult tasks of parenting. However, if it makes you feel any better, that method was WAY easier than how I struggled with the girls. At least you picked a successful method out of the gate...
Someday Kirby will hate that picture.
You did a great job!!! It is hard to potty train but when they finally get it, it is wonderful. I'll be calling you to get wisdom when I start training Jonathan.
Way to go!!!
YAY!!! Congrats to you and Big Boy Kirby!
Potty training literally terrifies me! Luckily I have a while to go.
kirby is going to love you someday for that picture being on the www.
Yeah, Kirby's gonna totally love you for putting pics of him on the net on the potty. I love it!
I hear ya on the training -- Lily has only peed in the toilet a few times, but she has no clue about the number 2 stuff. I'm nervous, glad you have to do it first ;)
Thank you for commenting on my blog. At the right moment you lift me up :) Just keep checking and Ill try to write more.
Post a Comment