Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Stats

















On December 14 Bennett went for his year check up.  His New stats are:

Weight  22 lbs 9 oz      (50%)
Height  32 inches         (97%)
Head     18 1/4 inches  (50%)

The Dr. said he was perfect (which we of course already knew).  He got his normal shots and such and did really well. 

He's now eating everything he can get in his mouth.  The only problem is he is just now working on his 3rd and 4th teeth so the chewing process is a little difficult--he gets those gums going though.  I'm just excited about no more baby food and no allergy--it's so much easier to feed him whatever and not worry.  He's also got the sippy cup down.  I was worried about him for a few days and then I got the Take and Toss type cup and he had instant success.    

No walking yet.  I think he will be a late bloomer like Kirby was when it comes to walking.  He's doing tons of cruising and 'accidentally' stands on his own, until he figures out what he's doing and sits down.  He does great with his little push walker thing though.

He's really doing well with his language.  He's kinda refused to do sign language except for occasionally using the 'more' sign.  He can now say:  Momma, Daddy, Bye Bye (with a wave), Uh Oh, and Thank You.  There may be a few more that I can't think of right now.  

3 comments:

Jason and Kathleen said...

such a little cutie. so tall! what is the comparison to kirby? see you saturday? if tara reads this....they should come too.

sarah said...

Look at your big man!

I am so jealous. Isaac would never sit in a chair like that. Or drink from a sippy cup. Or eat grownup food. Or say words.

He just runs around crashing into things and screaming in frustration at all of the limitations imposed on him, by his caring parents (ex: gates, latches and closed doors)...

He's looking forward to rough housing with Kirby again sometime soon.

Jessie said...

Thanks again for lunch (although that was never mentioned in this post). You make amazing biscuits, reminiscent to Cracker Barrels.

Bennett has such a sweet spirit. I love that he loves to be held and loved on. You have 2 great boys.