Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Success!

Last night we tried Sweet potatoes on their own. I think the little break we took and skipping the cereal worked well. On Friday I will talk to the Dr. to see if we should try a different cereal or just let it be.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at how he lunges forward to devour those sweet potatoes!

sarah said...

This is how Isaac was. He didn't much care for cereal. Mixed with fruit or not.

Then, we moved on to the other (good) stuff and he sucks it down. In fact, he does this really neat trick. He eats way more than he should. And then, like 5 minutes later, he projectile vomits multi-colored vegetables and fruit.

Finally, do you think sweet potatoes are called sweet because they:
1. taste sweet like sugar
2. are sweet like "flippin' sweet!"

????

S.E. Painter said...

Rachel, with my children, I never used the baby cereal. When they were little like 6 months, I would take regular oatmeal(1 minute oatmeal in the canister), ground it up in a mini processor and then mix water with it, microwave it for a minute or two to cook it, let it cool or mix more cold water to get it to the right consistency.

After a month or so, they worked their way up to eating oatmeal without grounding it up. It may be more liquidy for another month, but by 10 months they were eating the real deal.

My children all ate oatmeal for breakfast from 6 months until about 2 years old unless they asked for something else. It is still one of Kinsey's favorites in the cold months.

I hope this helps!