Friday, May 25, 2007

Party Time!

On Saturday we had a small party for Kirby's Birthday. We decided that since he still didn't really get the concept of a Birthday, despite much coaching and talking up, we would have just a few friends and family over for a cookout. His three best buds, his grand and great grand parents (from mommy's side) and his Aunt Kitty and Tara and his Uncles-to-be came over for hamburgers and cupcakes. He really didn't get it at all. He just knew he had friends and all his favorite adults over. He was a bit over whelmed.

This isn't from the party but I thought I would include a picture of Kirby with his gift from Mommy and Daddy. He played with this non-stop, including to eat, to the bathroom at bath time and to bed, for four days until it died. We finally had to tell him it died and went to be with Jesus. We didn't know what else to do. He was very upset. It was his two most favorite things combined in one--a balloon and a ball. Call us cheap but I know what my boy likes. :)

Sidewalk chalk and bubbles to play with at the party. The kids were having some serious fun. Thanks Jessie for bringing those things.
Mmmm...hamburgers. I think Luke was about to take it right off Kirby's plate. I'm not sure if that was before or after Austen fed him a piece of brocolli from the broccoli salad. We saw him chewing on something for quite a while and couldn't figure out what it was. Austen was trying to share. Tonya got it out before he tried to swallow.
The Monster Cupcakes
Yummy! Unfortunately for everyone else I made the cupcakes out of a spice cake so they were milk free for Kirby. He loved it, the other kids couldn't quite figure out why they tasted a little different than usual.
I think a good time was had by all. Once Kirby's sugar high wore off he crashed hard and took a long nap and still went to sleep a bit early and slept hard all night. I again didn't get any pictures of my family. Larry took all of those. Ooops.
More partying to come this weekend with the Pittmans in Florida!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, sweet boy! Gosh, I can't believe he is two. I remember the day you had him, when we were all anxiously waiting by our computers for any emails announcing his arrival. As if you were going to email us THAT day!