Monday, March 13, 2006
Hmmmmmm...
This is so I will always remember how Kirby hums himslef to sleep when we are in the car. Last night was particularly funny. Stan and I laughed all the way home. Sunday's are especially hard on Kirby becuase his schedule gets completely messed up. He doesn't get a morning nap because the nursery is far to interesting for that. By the time we get home and eat lunch he can barely keep his eyes open, of course most likely he has already slept for the 10 minutes it takes to get home. So we put him down as soon as possible and he takes a long afternoon nap. Of course as soon as he wakes up we have enough time for a snack before we head back off to church. He loeves it, but by the time we get in the car he is worn out from all the nursery fun. So this is when the humming begins. He sucks his thumb, closes his eyes and hums. It's not a tune of course. He picks a pitch and sticks with it, repeating it over and over at exactly the same pitch and length of note. This could be considered a whine-hum, but cute. So funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rachel, that is so funny! I was going to email you and ask you what you did about Kirby's schedule on Sundays. We want to start going to church, but that is right in the middle of Sam's nap as well. When he doesn't get enough sleep in the morning, he also fights to keep his eyes open, and I can't stand it.
Sam also "hums" himself to sleep. He does it at night, too, when he's falling asleep in his crib. It is absolutely precious, and it makes me laugh. I bet Kirby looks so adorable, sucking his thumb and humming away.
Don't you love the humming. We know when Andrew is tapped out when he starts to do a monotone hum. I'm excited about lunch tomorrow. Finally girlfriend time!
Kiss my pumpkin for me.
Lily alternates between humming and grunting sometimes! That's what I love about babies, they just do whatever they want to like make funny faces and noises, totally oblivious to everyone else. Too cute!
Don't kill me... may I get your address again? I can't find where I wrote it down.
Post a Comment