Kirby seems to change every day. He has now begun to discriminate. Thankfully it's not race, sex or any of those such things (I want my son to grow up to show Christ's love to all people). He is beginning to be anti Cheerio. I have mixed Cheerios with the Gerber Fruit Stars and KIX cereal. Now when I pour out a handful of the mix he will eat the Stars, then the KIX and then he proceeds to brush the Cheerios off his tray and onto the floor. Little does he know that I collect those uneaten (and not dirty, of course) Cheerios and put them back into the canister. Soon he will have nothing but Cheerios and I will give him nothing else to snack on until they're gone.
His second discrimanatory act has been towards sippy cups. We made the mistake of sharing the water from our cup with him. Now he doesn't want to even hold a sippy cup. He will either only drink from a big cup or from one of the children's straw type cups. Thakfully the straw cups are still leak proof when the little top thing is closed. Plus I saw one in my Parent's magazine that has little handles like the regular sippy cups so that will make things easier for Kirby.
The good thing is he is still accepting new foods. Last night he enjoyed pieces of green bean and baked potato. The sad part is he can't have anything good to go on his potato. No butter, no sour cream, no cheese. My poor healthy son. I guess this is good for the new diet I'm going to try.
2 comments:
Atta girl! If he gets hungry enough he'll eat what's on his tray. Andrew does that too. He snubs the food on his try and then when we're done and ready to clean up he's shoving the food in his mouth. They're smarter than we give them credit for.
Ha ha! THat's so funny. It's crazy what these little babies are capable of doing. I wonder why he doesn't like Cheerios? Well, I guess they are pretty drab when you compare them to those little puffs.
Post a Comment