Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Cheese toast
Kirby enjoyed a new breakfast item today. Along with banana he enjoyed cheese toast for the first time. How, you ask? Doesn't he have a milk allergy, you ask? Well last night I went to Earth Fare and bought some bread for him to be able to eat along with some Vegan cheese. Of course I tasted it and was not impressed--I'll stick to the real deal--but it seemed like Kirby thought it was OK. When I took it out of the toaster I wanted to make sure it would stay on the bread (it didn't seem to have melted too well) so I spread it around a bit. It was close to the consistency of cheese wiz. He ate it up anyway. I think I've decided it isn't going to be a regular thing for him. First of all because it was over $3 for eight pieces and second when he's older and outgrows this allergy, I want him to want to eat cheese--the real thing--and not think it tastes like the vegan version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's one hungry-gutted youngin', just like his great uncle Frank. Forget saving up for college, you'll need to just try to keep up with the groceries. By the way, I think he looks like his uncle Jay.
Frank
I think I'm going to have to agree with you Frank, sometimes he looks just like J. I think he has J's build too. He will deffinitely be taller than his parents. :) I wish I had a picture of him eating the spaghetti--you would have seen his true piggy side. It's a good thing I have lots of family in the food service business.
Wow, I get so many ideas from you. Now I'm going to have to try cheese toast. He loves grilled cheese, so I bet he would like cheese toast.
Post a Comment