Almost too hectic. I felt like I could hardly take a breath. This Tuesday I started to keep an eight week old each day while his mother teaches at my church's Academy. BCA (Bethesda Christian Academy) didn't have school on Monday so I spent the day doing the laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping since I knew I would be adjusting to life with two babies the next day. Riley spent his first day with us on Tuesday. His mom, Dana, was interested in Babywise but had not implemented it yet so she told me I could try if I wanted. Riley was not sleeping well during the day but doing ok at night. So I started to do my best to 'wise him up' (a new phrase I thought of--good huh? :). The first few days were rocky but by Thursday he was doing surprisingly well. It was crazy for me since I also keep Andrew Dowd on Thursdays but after one time of getting a routine I will have no problem with all three. Yeasterday Riley slept so well. We had fun playing and talking so I take that as a sign that he is getting used to me. Our next task--getting Kirby used to Riley. Kirby started to act a little jealous Thursday (he realized it wasn't just a one day thing) and Friday had a pure meltdown while I was holding Riley. Kirby decided he wanted to be held and of course I can't hold them both at once. Very uncharacteristic of Kirby. Stan and I decided better now than later, eventually there will be another baby here all the time--we hope :).
Anyway, now we have a busy weekend but I wanted to get this in cause I know everyone gets upset if I take too long. Here are some things Kirby has been working on.
>He likes to feed daddy now--if Stan opens his mouth he will share a Cheerio or Kix
>He likes to eat real peas now--of course I found one in his diaper after dinner
>He still isn't crawling or pulling up but getting even closer on both
Enjoy some pictures :)
4 comments:
Wow Rachel! I am so impressed! I am having trouble balancing taking care of a newborn and brushing my teeth and here you are watching 3 little ones! You deserve some sort of award. I wish you lived in Charlotte, so you could watch Lily too when I go back to work!
Keep up the pics, they're awesome!
I agree with Lora, Rachel. I am also very impressed. And Kirby got jealous because his mommy was holding someone else!
He is developing so well! Holding the spoon, starting to pull up....*sniff*. They grow so fast!
Let me know how things go with the jealousy factor. Andrew isn't very happy when I'm holding Jake either. Maybe he's learning how to "try Mommy's patience" at the tender age of 11 months. Burn those knees up praying he gets over it.
PS. He's walking! He showed us this trick on Friday night.
Love you all,
The Perry's
By the way, I love the phrase "wise him up!" How about this - instead of c-section, you wouldsay c-birth. Now it sounds less like the surgery it really is. :)
Post a Comment