Tuesday, February 28, 2006
It isn't easy being green.
Especially when you are a mother. By green I mean sick. Real sick. Fever, congestion, cough, nausea. All of which came on throughout the weekend. Luckily I don't have Riley, I don't know any mother in her right mind who would purposely expose her child to this. I just don't think I'm ready for two babies and being sick. Poor Kirby has spent a lot of time playing by himself on the floor. I know he thinks I don't love him anymore since I was paying attention to Riley all last week and this weekend and today I have only watched him from afar. I've been talking to him while he plays so hopefully he knows I still love him. Everytime I cough or blow my nose Kirby stops what he's doing to watch me. Maybe he's mad cause I'm not using the orange suction bulb on myself. :) I pray he doesn't get sick agian--then the bad mommy guilt comes around. Unfortunatley this week was supposed to be even busier than last week. The afterschool director is out of town so she needed me all week to help run things and make sure everything goes smoothly. So I sure hope they go smoothly without me. When I called her she said she thought it would be ok, I'm so very glad she is a friend and not a normal boss. I guess there isn't much I can do. OK, I think Kirby is almost ready for his nap, and so am I. I will probably sleep the whole time he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Rachel!!
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, honey. I hope you get better really soon. Don't worry about Kirby, I'm sure he knows he has a wonderful mommy!
RACHEL KIRBY WHITESELL PITTMAN! Ha ha, that was fun. Anyway, you are a wonderful mommy. You love Kirby so much you're trying to stay away from him so he doesn't get sick. That's sacrifice. :)
Post a Comment