Monday, February 16, 2009

Visits to the Doctor

The first part of our trip was time spent at the hospital for family wide check ups (I almost had you freaked out didn't I?). The boys both checked out fine and Kirby's allergy test came back 100% negative. He had no reaction at all! This is what we thought since he has been drinking cow's milk for months now but we wanted to have an official test tell us that. Such and answer to prayer! Even this summer he was still having slight reactions to milk but it was not long after moving here that all signs were gone. I had been praying for over a year that it would be gone when we moved here and God answered! Stan missed his appointment because of a little food poisoning--he said it's bad when you are too sick to go to the doctor--this is a very sore subject because it happened after eating Outback, his most favorite place ever. Poor guy, maybe he will get the courage to try again in July. :)

I had a great check up with the OB. The doctor I met with was wonderful and had great English (a huge relief for me). She was very thorough with getting all my pregnancy history, doing all the appropriate blood tests, checking me out and having me get and ultra sound. Now unfortunately at the time I was just at 14 weeks so it was WAY too early to find out the gender of Baby Pittman #3 but we still got some great pictures. The baby was so active at a few points they had to take a video on then go frame by frame to get the actual view they wanted. I have to tell you it was so great to finally hear the heart beat and see him/her moving around. Here are a couple of the pictures.

Profile

The heartbeat, right at 148, pretty much the same as both the boys.

The whole little body! So amazing what grows in just 12 short weeks. God is amazing!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so so so so happy that you got to have a great doctor's visit while you were in Thailand. I had a few conversations with Dad about that very thing, so I'm glad He saw fit to move in that way. What beautiful pictures!

Leslie said...

I love it they had to view the ultrasound frame by frame. That's awesome!

Kari said...

noooooo... he got sick from outback :( no fair!

woohoo for kirby's allery test and those pictures of our new babe are beautiful!!

Lora said...

I'm loving your u/s pics! They are perfect!

Amy said...

I am so glad to see that you were able to have an ultrasound. Hope that the pregnancy is going well.

Jessie said...

I love baby #3 pictures. So sweet.