Wednesday, April 18, 2007

4 Month check-up

We went for Bennett's 4 month check-up yesterday. All was well. We got the ok to start solids, although since he is doing so well with nursing I think we will just wait another month or so. He also did well with his shots. He was a bit cranky right after but really not too bad. She was so pleased with his development and growth. She didn't even check his hemoglobin because he was looking so good. She said she felt we were definitely past that. Kirby did great while we were there. He was trying to show off but I told him we would have to wait until next month at his two year check-up, hard to believe that is next month. Here are the new Bennett stats:

Weight 16 lbs 9 oz (<90 %)
Length 26 1/2 in. (<90 %)
Head 16 1/2 in. (50 %)

He seems to be tapering off a bit. I was afraid he would catch Kirby and give him a complex. Of course he is still in some 9 month clothes and is due for a growth spurt. Oh well.

This was Bennett's first bath in the big tub. I had been giving him baths on the counter because it was easier. Now he's just getting too big.

Also, Bennett got to meet he SW aunties over the weekend. I, of course, took no pictures. If any of you ladies have some I would love to post them. Please send them to me. Except the up close ones Lora took of me. No thanks.

4 comments:

Lew said...

Rachel,
He is so adorable! I love the tub picture...he has the most beautiful eyes and such a sweet smile. Thanks for posting!

Lora said...

I love the strategically placed washrag! I can't believe Kirby is almost 2 and I'm happy Bennett is so healthy!

I've been meaning to post pics, I've just been lazy about it. We upgraded our operating system and it totally messed up my camera program. I will email you some (I'll make sure to include the closeups!). So glad we got to see you!

Jessie said...

I'm loving the censorship. I have no clue what you are trying to hide. He is adorable!!! Now the boys can play together in the bathtub.

Leslie said...

What a jolly little boy! He looks so happy. He's absolutely gorgeous.

Nice job with the strategically placed washcloth. :)