Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Is it wrong...

That I:
a) Was completely upset that our upstairs neighbors had a party on Friday night and were loud until 11:00. I know, that used to be so early, but now that my son goes to bed at 8:00 and I myself was ready to go to sleep at 9:00 (but made myself read until 10:00 so I could convince myself it wasn't totally pathetic) I really thought to myself, "Those people are so disrespectful of others that live around them".

b) Was so excited that my parents could come babysit while we went to a wedding on Saturday afternoon I almost felt like it was a date with my husband (even though I spent the whole time talking to my friends).

c) Was looking forward to the Daytona 500 because NASCAR is the ultimate Sunday afternoon sport. You can sleep through most of it but still wake up for highlights and crashes. I even actually know what's going on and who the drivers are--that of course is after several seasons of hanging out with people who LOVE it.

I am officially a redneck housewife with no life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can be no-life redneck housewives together, if you want! Sounds like a plan to me!

Also, I think you're totally in the right in all the other situations....well, except the Nascar thing :) Just kidding.

Leslie said...

1) That isn't wrong at all! You have an infant now! They should have more respect. And don't feel pathetic - 9:00 is my regular bedtime.

2) Um, I'm sorry, Rachel. We have been on the same page when it comes to a lot of stuff, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. The ultimate Sunday sport is football. NASCAR is a decent little substitute until the real fun begins again in August. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't stray too far from your roots. NASCAR isn't really a sport because there is not a ball!
But, anything I can do to make happy I will, even sacrifice my Saturday by babysitting. You know I'm kidding :>)

Tonya said...

Even though I do not consider myself "red", I do have a spot in the fantasy nascar league that my husband is doing. And I'm in 4th place out of 16:) Not too bad huh?
You can join me in the fun and we'll still be the sweet cultured, smart women we were before:)