It's been too long. I apologize for taking so long to post again. Last week was such a whirlwind I hardly remember what all we did. Stan and I did get an afternoon alone last Thursday so we went ahead and celebrated V-day, so tonight will be a regular Tuesday night for us. Being at home and watching the Olympics sounds good to me.
I took Kirby to his 9 month check up on Friday--we had to go a week early because I will start keeping an infant soon and I wanted to be sure to get it in before. He had a good report. He is exactly 20 lbs. and is 28 1/2 inches long. He dropped a bit percentage wise but the doctor was not concerned. She said it was not uncommon for that age and I can expect a growth spurt any time now. Dr. Johnson also told me I need to take Kirby to an Allergy doctor to get him tested for milk allergies. He's had a couple of reactions to some milk based things so she said it was best to get that done before the weaning process. We will go today at 2:00 so say a prayer for that. And this weekend his lingering cough started to get a little worse and he had a fever spike yesterday after is second nap, it got up to 102.4. A little infant motrin--I like to refer to it as baby dope cause it makes everything feel better--and his fever went down and is gone this morning. I'll just make sure they take a good listen to his lungs this afternoon.
We spent Saturday with my grandparents. Kirby had a great time. He showed off all the tricks he's working on. Including that he is almost pulling up and crawling. Maybe I need to give him a bit of peer pressure and tell him Sam is almost ahead of him at almost 2 months younger. I know, they all develope at their own pace. Kirby is also saying Mama, alot. Anytime he's hungry, tired, lonely, has a dirty diaper or just wants me to look at him he starts the Mama whine. It's pretty cute. That mixed in with laughing and smiling at everything, I, like Leslie, want to eat my child alive. We need to have a Sam and Kirby feast soon.
Also, it's Lily day!! I know we are all praying and sending good thoughts to Lora. I can't wait to see pictures. :)
1 comment:
YAY for an update! And if you try to tell Kirby Sam is ahead of him, you would be lying. We have gotten no where in the crawling game. That's great Kirby is saying "Mama!" AND starting to pull up!
Post a Comment